On Sunday the 27th of November, a quarrel occurred between a Coptic Christian (Mahfouz Nazir) and a Muslim (Hussein Atta). The quarrel started when the Christian man was building a house on his land, and the Muslim claimed that the Copt did not have a license for constructing this building. The quarrel ended with killing a member of Hussein Atta's family (the Muslim).
This led to a very dangerous situation; all the Muslims in the village arose to attack the Copts' houses and shops. Untill now no police and no army intervened to stop this attack, so now all the Christians are under siege in the village; they can't get out their houses.
The outcome till now is:
- Kamil Tamer Ibrahim (50 yrs ) was slaughtered; his head was cut off and thrown in the middle of the street
- Kamel Tamer Ibrahim (55 yrs) was also killed.
- Wafaa Labib Saad (wife of Kamel) was attacked and is now in a dangerous situation in hospital
- Mina Kamil Tamer (Son of Kamil) was attacked and is now in hospital
- Maher Samir, his wife and his son were attacked and are now in hospital
These people have nothing to do with the issue; they are not relatives of Mahfouz Nazir
- 8 houses were attacked and burned
The following shops were totally destroyed:
- Bakery of Mamdouh Gerges Sadek
- A computer Shop, a pharmacy, and a Mobile shop owned by Maikel Ramzy
- A Pharmacy owned by Naeem Aziz
- Two shops owned by Samir Aziz
- A shop owned by Ibrahim Moses
- A Super Market owned by the Church
- Super market owned by Tharwat Shokry
- Two shops owned by Loius Geres
- Fodder shop owned by Sabry Habib
- Two Super Markets owned by Shenouda Keldah
- Electrician shop owned by Ayman Roshdy
- Shop owned by Kadry Ellakseh
- Cement and iron shop owned by Medhat Karim
- Super Market owned by Romany Shafik
Until this very moment, the Copts are under siege. This information was received from primary sources, among them Rev Ezzat Afifi of the Coptic Orthodox Church there.
dinsdag 29 november 2011
Bloedbad onder Kopten in Zuid Egypte
Van een Koptische vriend van me kreeg ik dit relaas van wat op dit moment gaande is in een dorpje in Zuid Egypte. Het gaat om het dorp Ghoriza in het Sohag Governorate Ik laat het relaas maar onvertaald en zonder commentaar; ik heb iets verbeterd aan het Engels en de interpunctie.